Some people refuse to.
Some want to make lasting changes in their lives but just don't know where to start.
I love the start of a new week or the first of the month. I especially like the start to a new year. I love to have direction in my life, some method to my usual madness.
This year, my goals looked a lot like last years. Athletic goals, nutrition goals, blah, blah, blah. Those things are important, but this year they seemed - I don't know - shelled.
Our pastor preached a sermon this morning based upon a post over at The Way It Could Be. A talented writer, himself, Aaron has a way with words and can always put things just the way my brain can understand them. He expanded on these questions and gave them great life application qualities.
Here are the 10 Questions That Will Change Your Life. Couldn't hurt to try. And hey, even if these questions don't change your life, they will certainly make your New Year's Resolutions more than the same old, recycled, shelled out shouldas from last year.
1. What do I need to say “no” to this year?
2. What am I most excited about right now in life?
3. Where do I need clarity in life?
4. What or who is holding me back from my dreams?
5. What responsibilities have I been entrusted with?
6. Who can help me accomplish what I’d like to accomplish this year?
7. Do I write down my thoughts and aspirations?
8. What distracts me the most in life?
9. When can I spend time alone thinking and clarifying?
10. What do I really value in life?
Don't feel overwhelmed. There's a lot to think about here. Pick even one of these to focus on. Which one speaks to you the loudest? For me it's number 2. Truthfully, I'm not all that excited about putting a ton of miles on my legs, arms and bike. Yeah, I think it's important but I'm not MOST EXCITED about it.
What I'm most excited about right now, is home educating our children. By determining that, I can apply questions 6, 7, and 8 to build momentum, rid myself of distractions and time wasters, and continually evaluate.
What do you think of this list? What are you going to do with it in the new year?