My Day Off

Being a SAHM and a home daycare provider, I don't often get a "day off."  I don't really need one like other people do - I stay home and sort of give each day as much effort as I have.  It's nice.  I work from home, so if I'm sick or tired or whatever - we just do less.  

But being a Mom is hard and sometimes a girl really does need a break.  I am so very fortunate to have a husband that is very intuitive to my needs.  I'm also lucky that his job offers vacation time that he can take on short notice!                                                                                                                                              I wish I could say that I slept super well and lazed in bed til late while David shuttled young 'uns to school...but I did hang out drink coffee while he did that.  I went on a nice 5 mile run a bit to late.  I left about 9:30 and by 10 the sun was pounding down and I was sweating really good.                                                                                                                                                         I have a mosquito bite on my tummy, and my shirt rubbing + the sweat was really irritating.  So...on the deserted trail...in the middle of the morning...I did the unthinkable.                                                                                                                                     I bared my midriff.

Yes, I pulled up my top and ran with the wind cooling down my skeeter bite and my belly.  I showed the whole world my 37-year-old mother of four tummy showing and I was mostly okay with it.  At first, when I would see people coming, I would pull it back down.  But I thought "No!  I'm very hot and need to be cooled!  I'm not being indecent and it's okay.  Leave it up!"

So, as an encouragement and an inspiration to other Mothers, I left it up.

And for all posterity, I took a picture to prove it.

After my run, I went to the grade school to have lunch with my adorable 1st Grader.  Let me just say that her teacher is Ah-Ma-Zing.  That woman has the patience of Job and is as sweet as honey.

I always get a little nervous when I go to the school.  I feel like I need to be perfect so that people don't think that my kids are weird because of me.  I don't know, I'm weird.

Susan and I hung upside down on the Monkey Bars and laughed and played and ate school lunch.  It was glorious!

I went home and played my new Yoga App.  I didn't especially care for it - but I'm willing to do some of the other 45 programs on it.  Forty-five classes for $4.99 - wow!  The app is called All-in-One Yoga if you're interested.
After a quick trip to the grocery store and a little dinner (a tomato sandwich, yum!) we went to the kick off for the fall sports at the High School. I have to tell you about driving home from the store.  I was behind a vehicle with a license plate that said Mom X 9 and THAT really humbled me.  Shoot - that woman must be nuts!  Also, I almost had an accident because someone decided to play chicken with me.

You know how when a lane closes, you have to merge into one?  Yeah.  And there's always "that guy" that - instead of waiting their turn, guns it to get up to the front of the line.  Yeah.  Well, today, that person was not going to relent.  They were merging come hell or high-water and I had to brake at the last minute to let them in.

Man...the words that came out.

 Our son is a Sophomore this year and will be playing Junior Varsity.  This means that he plays the Reserve games and the JV games.  It's going to be a busy Fall.  I was proud to see my fellow Links parents there and feel much easier about high school this year!

So a much better day today.  No outbursts or sobbing.  No screaming or kicking or biting.  And the kids were good, too.

My baby is #76.  GO LINKS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Transparency