Happy Birthday Cammy-Boy

Despite the selfish storm of emotion that has been swirling around in my heart and mind this last couple of days, life does go on.

Oh, and thank God that it does!

I can't imagine the bitter mess I would be without our children to distract me.  :)  Today, we celebrated Cameron Allen's 4th Birthday.  He is my baby.  The last of 4 children.  My sweet, sweet boy.  I can never stay in my own thoughts when this cuteness is around.


We don't do a whole lot for birthdays.  A small gift, a box-mix cake and the birthday kiddo gets to choose what's for supper.  Cameron was very excited with his Red Ranger mask and saber.  We did some lessons on ABCMouse.com together until his buddy, Dylan, came over to play.  That always trumps Mom. 


I made Cam's requested meal for lunch, but made a big batch because I knew the other kids would be envious.  Home Made Mac N' Cheese...mmmm....  And canned fruit.  Strange, strange, child.  Ha!

It was very nice outdoors today, and we spent so much time out there that no body wanted to watch TV!  I did turn on one episode of Power Rangers when the two 4yo's got up early from nap time...they were being very um, animated, and I was afraid they would wake up my sweet little 17mo old.

I learned, today, that our neighbor is expecting again.  I now know 3 women expecting babies this year.  I feel jealous in a strange way.  But not for the child. Or the pregnancy.  I feel jealous because having babies is what young women do.  And, I, am no longer a young woman.  I know - you're only as young as you feel...but time marches on.  Maybe I'm just looking for reasons to feel rotten...could be.  I'm such a whiner sometimes.


The boy seemed happy.  David made the cake that he asked for.  Chocolate cake with white frosting and chocolate chips on top.  And the cheesy number 4 candle on top.  :)

I almost felt like going for a run today.  It was so nice outside, for once!  But...I had another tooth pulled yesterday and it was actually feeling pretty good, so I decided not to push it.  Here's to getting a little wiser in my older age.  

Happy Birthday, Cameron Allen.  You will always be my baby.  Always.

Comments

  1. I remember when I realized I would no longer have a new baby to nurture. Even though I drug my child-bearing out for quite a few years, LOL. You realize that your job, now, is to see these younguns into adulthood. It's OK and you will be fulfilled as you are now. Love you, MOM

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Maximum Pressure - Achieved