Bike Fitness

I did my first brick workout of the season, yesterday.  I haven't given my bike much attention this winter - I dislike riding on the bike trainer more so than I dislike the treadmill. I've logged only half a dozen rides since Thanksgiving (shame).  Losing fitness of any kind is a shame - but the bike leg is the longest one in tri.  I will try not to let that happen again!

Yesterday's ride wasn't as disastrous as Sunday's cycling slog-fest, but getting OFF the bike and on to the treadmill was as much fun as it was the first time I ever tried it.  I had only had my usual green smoothie breakfast about an hour prior - but my stomach totally rejected this activity.  I know from experience that the stomach calms down after a bit, so I "gutted" it out for a couple of miles.  Total workout time was just under an hour, so not a long brick - but solid training and THAT'S what really matters.

Today, we are having our second snow day in a row!  The kids are home from school and I don't have my daycare kiddos.  I actually end up with more children this way - but at least it's acceptable for me to skip hair and makeup and let the house look messy.  Our roads are actually pretty good - so I might end up at Wal-Mart doing the weekly shopping.  Our two older kids need shoes really badly, so it will likely be a trip to shopping Hades with all four of them.

I might need to be medicated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Last Blast Lincoln Y Tri Race Report