WIAW

Taking a cue from my friend, Amanda over at Diary of a Semi-Health Nut, today's post is:

What
I
Ate
Wednesday


WIAW!!


I will be posting pictures of what I ate on Wednesdays and sometimes, sharing recipes.  I am so inspired when others share what they are doing to properly fuel their bodies.  Sometimes we get stuck in a rut, nutritionally, and don't know how to get out!  Seeing what others eat helps me.  I hope that seeing what I'm eating helps you.

I like to start my day with satueed veggies and scrambled eggs.  I don't eat breakfast if I'm not hungry - but normally - I'm so hungry that I was eating in a dream right before I woke up!

Broccoli and onion start the scramble.
Add a little cheese and toast, yum!
I like the Earth Grains 100% Whole Wheat bread, toasted with a little REAL butter.  I drink my coffee with honey and soymilk...Mmmm...

Today, I didn't get hungry for a mid-morning snack.  It sorta depends on my training schedule.  Some days I'm hungry all.day.long.  I opt for a fruit or a veggie with some source of fat (dressing, PB, cheese).  But today - I just drank lots and lots of water.

My trusty water bottle.
Lunch was a recipe that I adapted from Cooking Light Magazine.  It was supposed to be a Risotto - but I don't have time for that when 6 hungry kids need lunch!  I use regular rice instead of Arborio and sautee the veggies with the sausage to save time.



Sausage, mushrooms, shallots and garlic
I was really glad that everyone liked this dish.  My day has been very frustrating...and it helps when kids eat - even when they won't sleep - and scream like banshees - at each other...

Finished "Risotto" with spinach and rice
I did have an afternoon snack.  I think white knuckling my sanity, alone, burned about a billion calories this morning.  I eat this snack almost every day.  I always buy the extra large jar of Peanut Butter at the store - I love it and eat it at least once if not twice per day.
All of my food is on paper plates...
For supper, I will likely have more of the Spinach Mushroom Risotto from lunch.  Lately, I've been trying to cook enough at lunch to feed us for dinner - especially on nights when we have to go someplace after work.  And if I get hungry later, I will have one of these:


White Chocolate Macadamia Luna Bar - Mmmm...
I used to count calories - for years - but quit this year to save my sanity.  I'm still very aware of my intake, but focus more on numbers like "servings of veg" and "ounces in a serving size."  My breakfast is always the biggest meal of the day.  With my coffee it usually weighs in around 500kcal.  I don't drink soda pop so I don't drink my calories...and usually I end up with around 1800kcal/day.  Every now and then I count for a day and "spot check."

More training = more food!  It's a beautiful thing. :)

Have you TRIED Luna Bars, yet?

What's your favorite snack?


Comments

  1. Yay thanks for the shout-out friend! :-) I think it really helps to evaluate a day's worth of food to see what our strengths and weaknesses are. WIAW is the benefit of a food diary...but more fun with pictures!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Maximum Pressure - Achieved