Longest Ride & Longest Recipe Name Ever

I love personal records for distance.  I think they mean just as much or more than PR's for speed.  I mean, you could potentially set a distance record every month if you so desired, not so for speed.

Today I set a personal record for distance on my bicycle.

Forty-five miles!  I was so happy and proud of myself when I was done.  The way out was so horrifically windy, that I was only doing about 10mph at times.  My legs were still a little roached from lifting for legs and back on Thursday, despite a total rest day on Friday.  Sustained winds were about 17mph, not to mention the gusts...  But on the way home I was S.A.I.L.I.N.G!

Now for the Longest recipe name ever - and the recipe:

Pinto, Black, and Red Bean Salad with Grilled Corn & Avocado (adapted from Cooking Light Magazine June 2012)

1c. cherry tomatoes (halved)
1tsp salt, divided
3 ears of corn, shucked
1 med. white onion, 1/4in thick slices
1 jalapeno pepper
1T olive oil (I used canola)
1/3c. fresh cilantro, chopped
1/3c. lime juice
1 can pinto beans
1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans
2 avocados, peeled & diced

Preheat grill to medium high heat.

Place tomatoes in bowl with 1/2tsp salt.  Let stand while preparing other ingredients.

Brush corn, onion, and jalapeno with oil.  Grill corn 6 minutes on each side, onions and pepper 4 minutes on each side.  Remove and let stand 5 minutes.

Cut kernels from corn cobs, coarsely chop onion and finely chop jalapeno (after removing seeds).  Add grilled vegetables to the tomatoes.  Add remaining 1/2tsp of salt and remaining ingredients except for the avocado.  Fill serving bowls and top with avocado.

I presume that this dish will be even better tomorrow after the flavors get a chance to get to know one another. :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Maximum Pressure - Achieved