Out to Eat and Bones

Taking our family out to eat has never been practical.

We've often had children that were to young to appreciate fine dining, and the price of even Subway for the whole family is cost prohibitive.

I started taking a home finance management class in November called Financial Peace University.  I've learned how to do a better budget, how to save money and most importantly how to back ourselves out of this debt ditch we've dug.

Since that started, we've not had any extras - including a meal at a restaurant.  It took me nearly 90 days to get the recommended $1,000 put in an emergency fund.  I've squeezed it out of our regular income - they suggest you sell some things, but we didn't have anything to sell.  So, today we went out to eat!

It cost a little more than I had budgeted...it seems that two of our children entered a different fee category...and soft drinks are $1.99...but we all had a great time, and the meal was good.  Our youngest child sat up at the table like a big boy with the rest of the kids - and I had a Dr. Pepper!  Good times. :)

I did try my long run today - managed about 9 miles on the treadmill at the YMCA.  Hubby and I staggered our times so as to keep the kids in the childcare (and the biggers at home alone) as short of a time as possible.  Hubby got his scheduled 13 in, but I fell short of my desired 12.  I'm having a little pain in my right foot (ball of the foot under the big toe) on long hauls, and my mind was just not in it.

I tried watching a new show today while on the 'mill.  I have Netflix on my phone, so I added "Bones" to the instant que.  After watching two episodes of that, I was totally depressed.  Wow - a mix between Cold Case and CSI - not uplifting or encouraging.  Yuck.

So, I suppose the search continues for decent TV to watch while working out indoors.  Only a couple of more months...*sigh*

In FANTASTIC news, hubby got the taxes done and submitted!  This is very exciting, because I will finally finally finally be getting a bike trainer!!  They are not terribly expensive - but just not in our budget.  I am planning on taking the car in for some much needed brake and strut attention, also.  It's by the grace of God that we haven't had a major issue - there are some sick sounds coming from that poor mini-van.

Well, time to go douse myself in hand lotion and drink gallons of water so I can tolerate polyester clothing on Sunday morning.  This cold, dry air is terrible on skin...add a few times a week in the pool and I'm pretty dusty!

Have a great weekend. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Transparency