Recurring Theme

Some people are one, some days are.  Most things that involve morning or waking from sleep are.  I know I can certainly be...some would say I am The Queen of them...

Pain in my butt....looks like I have an itch.
For me, running = pain.  This past spring I got tired of that equation and decided to jump on the minimalist running train.  I worked my way up to running in Vibrams, and walah, no more knee pain.  While I was training myself to run fore-footed, I had to really pay attention to my calfs.  Oh how they screamed and screamed.  I purchased calf sleeves which helped immensely.

I really thought I had things under control - I was running 15-20 miles per week and doing all but my long run in my Vibrams.  Then, one day in June I pulled my hamstring.  I knew that it was bad, because I couldn't bear to even walk for a couple of days.  I can't tell you what I did different on that run, or that I ran any hills or speedwork...nope, just the old, tired equation of running = pain.

Several weeks went by, lots of research on google, runners world, and webmd.  I did what I was told, rested, rode my bike and swam, yoga-ed, iced, compressed.

I even took an entire week off of ANY and ALL activity.  Did you know that it's absolutely glorious to sleep until your alarm (or 2 year old) goes off every day.  Glorious!!

Butt (he, he), as you can see from this picture (that I had an older and chubbier lady pose for) I still have a pain in my glute after a run. After 10/1 I plan to cut the running down to once a week and tackle an Insanity/P90X hybrid.

And next racing season, I will be the only pain in the butt around here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Maximum Pressure - Achieved