The Dreaded Bathing Suit

There's not a whole lot that compares to wearing a bathing suit. For better or worse, you get a true gauge of your progress.

Previously I had been wearing a pair of shorts and a tee shirt to the pool. Lately, I've been resurrecting clothing from over a year ago and felt pretty confident about donning my old suit. So...I looked for my bathing suit circa "that era".

Couldn't find it. I could find suits from prior to that era, but not the one I was looking for. What to do, what to do... I tried on one that I could find and while it did fit - I didn't like it. Yuck. I should have kept to the shorts and tee. I don't think it was the suit, though.

But I'm stubborn. And darn it, I want to be comfy when I swim. Digging through my dresser drawers I spotted a perfect tropical print sarong to "wrap and cover" with, and ended up feeling okay when we took a dip on Saturday.

I'm just a pound of two away from half way to goal. I feel good about getting 5 days of good, vigorous, calories vaporizing workouts in this week. I've stuck to my calorie budget all but one day this week (went over with 5 Riesen candies, a cheese stick, and a handful of organic low salt potato chips) and have much to celebrate.

I know one thing for sure. If I keep working hard, I WILL look better in my bathing suit by summer. If I get discouraged and give up, I will NOT.

Simple.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Maximum Pressure - Achieved