A Week of Revelation

This last week has been even fuller than the last one! There has been much in the way of revelation. I figure nobody really wants to read a 4 page account of my life this week, so I'll hit the highlights in a few separate installments. --Your welcome--

I'll start at the beginning of the week. My house tried to kill me. I'm happy to still be alive and kicking despite it's attempt. Maybe we should have chose a different color when we painted. Hmm.

On Tuesday we had freezing fog in the morning. Our older children were up and ready early and had a field trip with some fellow home schoolers to attend. Our neighbor also home schools her kids and is a tremendous help and resource for me.

Our 11yo son went out the front door and came back in, telling me that he'd slipped and things were icy out there. Trying to prevent a serious fall, I went out on the front porch and grabbed the rock salt.

Each foot stepped successfully down our concrete front steps, but on the sidewalk at the bottom, my right foot skidded, and I'm just sure I was airborne. I landed flat on my back, cracking the back of my head on the bottom step.

It really rang my bell and I had a hard time focusing. I couldn't sit up so I rolled to my left side. I tried to cry out for my husband, but the impact knocked the wind out of me. I suspected I might be in trouble. It was then that I felt the warmth running down my neck.

I lifted my head enough to see the blood dripping on to the ground beneath me. I watched for a moment, and it kept dripping. Yep, then I knew I was in trouble!

I'll spare you the details of the next few hours. I had to call the daycare parents to come and get their little ones. The ER was full of people just like me that day. Head lacerations, broken wrists. Ouch. I'm just so grateful my husband could stay home from work and take me to the hospital.

For me, no broken bones. Only a few stitches and a mild concussion. They got me all fixed up and I took the next day off. Felt like somebody picked me up and shook me out. Spent 2 days in bed this week (again) and haven't exercised yet. I will be happy if I maintain my previous weight loss on Monday's weigh in.

Oddly, I didn't have a real bad head ache until yesterday. Got one brewing today as well. 'Course, that my be from the kids, and not from the fall. ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Maximum Pressure - Achieved