Settle Down

Well, things in my life are settling into a super busy crazy cycle. I have taken on a business that I'm working from home in addition to my full time job and life is good!

I started recycling our plastics, paper, and cans at home and at work. I have replaced as much as I can in our house with environmentally responsible and safer alternatives. Ladies and gentlemen, I have a new crusade.

I have started to learn about indoor air polution and the carcinogens that the major manufacturers of detergents put in thier products. It's really frightening to think about the cancer rate 100 years ago was 1/60 and now it's 1/3. What happened? Aren't we better educated now and have better technology?

Well, what happened is we got lazy. In our best efforts to make things "better" we got a lap full of "worse". We take a pill for every ailment and get side effects from it so that we need more pills. We sit on our butts for a living munching on cheeseburgers and fries and then take pills for being overweight which gives us side effects.

Most companies nowadays don't have a shred of integrity. If they can make thier dish washing detergent cheap enough then they can spend all thier money on TV and print ads to convince you that you need it. So they keep to the "allowable level" of toxic chemicals as mandated by the FDA, right?

That's right, they do. What happens when you have 5 products all with the allowable level? You get 5x's the safe amount. And that's not all - last year over 25,000 children were exposed to or poisoned by household chlorine bleach!

It's weird, but I have found that telling people about safer alternatives is like telling people about Christ. Both are entirely for thier benefit, but they are so used to lies that even the truth looks suspect.

It's hard to convince the unbeliever that God loves them so much that he sent His only son to die for them so that they can go to heaven to be with Him. I think more people believe that there are safer household and personal care items available at the same or less price that the things they're buying at WalMart.

It's okay. I'm in no way disuaded by unbelief. Just because you deny it, doesn't mean it isn't true!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Transparency