Pride and Wisdom

Pride only breeds quarrels, but wisdom is found in those who take advice.
Proverbs 13:10

I once thought that pride was a tremendous motivator. If you “take pride” in your work, you are motivated to do a good job. I tell my son that all the time about his room cleaning, grooming, etc. If you “take pride” in your house, you will work hard to keep it clean and a nice, healthy place for your family and guests. Same goes for your appearance, your work, vehicle, children, husband, on and on ad nausea.

A couple of years ago my sister in law told me about the FlyLady. This is a sort of housekeeping system that uses “babysteps” to form habits and create routines so that your “house practically cleans itself”. I never looked it up because, after all, I know how to clean my own house, thankyouverymuch. Well…here we are a few years later and ya know, I guess I don’t know it all. I looked it up on www.flylady.net and I’ll be darned, she has some suggestions that apply to ME! I’m one that has to get totally desperate to seek help. I wait until I am absolutely miserable before I reach out. While my house wasn’t a complete disaster area yet, I needed to find a way to keep it clean that didn’t exhaust me and wreck my Saturday every week.

If I could lay down my pride and just admit that I can’t heal myself, do it all myself, or be everything to everyone I would most certainly get more out of life. God gave me a husband to help me with the house and the children, a Mom and a slug of Sisters to help me out with advisement on everything from nursing to what style of jeans looks best on me, and He gave me an instruction manual for my life in the Holy Bible. Part of accepting Jesus as my Lord and Savior came from admitting that I was a sinner and was in need of saving. I need to somehow apply that principle to this issue of pride.

Prayer Requests
Janet – Please continue to pray for her Mom’s knees that were replaced this summer and her Dad’s foot.

Thank you all for being such a blessing to me!
Andrea

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Maximum Pressure - Achieved