No Way, Noah!

Noah did everything just as God commanded him.
Genesis 6:22

He built and ark that was large enough to house two of every kind of animal, all their food and his family. He loaded ‘em up and sailed on the waters from the floodgates of Heaven. Now that’s faith! And the Bible says that he did everything just as God commanded him! Can you imagine the stress that guy was under? The Bible says that the world was “corrupt in God’s sight and full of violence” at that time (sound familiar?) so I’ll bet Noah didn’t make a whole lot of friends doing what God told him to do (bet that sounds familiar, too).

But that was Noah. He certainly has to possess many more redeeming qualities than I. I mean, it had to be easier for him to obey the Lord that it is for me, for sure! The Bible says that upon being deeply troubled and deciding to wipe out humanity, Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord! Surely he must be as perfect of a human specimen as there ever was, right? You can’t possibly compare my level of obedience to that of Noah!

Noah, a man of the soil, proceeded to plant a vineyard. When he drank some of its wine, he became drunk and lay uncovered inside his tent. Genesis 9:20-21

Oooh. Drunk and naked, not so good. And the real brain fry is that God KNEW that he was going to pull this trick! He knows everything we have ever done or will do. God trusted a naked drunk guy with loading up the ark and making sure that humanity got one last stab at it. He knew that when the rubber met the road, Noah would be obedient and allow himself to be used by God. He also knew that Noah was still human and in that, prone to sinfulness. Yep, even Noah.
*****Dear Lord, help me to remember that your strength is made perfect in my weakness. Please fill me to the brim with your Holy Spirit and use me today to further your Kingdom. And please help me not to yell at my kids. In Jesus’ name, Amen*****

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Maximum Pressure - Achieved