Whooping Up on Evil

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
your rod and your staff, they comfort me. Psalm 23:4


Think about how bad that must be – “the valley of the shadow of death”. Not exactly a place to take a short cut through. Maybe some unscrupulous characters hanging out there ready to devour a nice little gal like me or you.

But the Bible says that even though we are going through the roughest of places, we should FEAR NO EVIL. I spent most of 30 years being driven by a hundred forms of fear. Every thing that I did, every decision I made was based in fear. Fear of not having enough money, fear of being alone, fear of rejection, fear of my children being harmed, fear of fitting in, fear of not, fear of fear!

Sounds like God’s not a peacemaker with this shadow of death either. He’s got a rod and a staff and He’s not afraid to use them. There we are, just walking along with our head down, trying to make it through the bad times, and the Almighty is out there with his rod and staff putting the whoop to the evil around us! Makes me feel all warm and cozy inside! There can be no fear where you find the Lord.

Thanks to Janet for inspiring today’s post and sending me this video!

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=9e7c4b40cf5a13cea6ca

Have a great weekend!
Andrea

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Maximum Pressure - Achieved