Whole Lotta Forgiveness

Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?"
Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy times seven times.

Matthew 18:21-22 ***click the link to read what else Jesus said to Peter and his homeboys that day***

That’s a lot of forgiveness, I tell ya. Good thing ‘cause I screw up. Taken literally, Jesus says we should forgive like 490 times. I’ve known some to push up into the hundreds, but honestly, not even my older kids’ bio-dad has maxed this one out. Because, when I first read this (was mad at biodad and looking up forgiveness in the concordance…) I tried to count how many wrongs that one had done to see if he was at the limit!

But isn’t there something in there about loving your neighbor as yourself (Matthew 22:39)? And then if you go there, you have to read the whole love is patient, love is kind…it keeps no record of wrongs…(1Cor13:4-8) thing. So I’m commanded to love everyone and not keep score on how many times they make me mad or step on me?

Crud…

Hope you all have a great week. The responses on the Lamentations verse were such a blessing to me!
Andrea

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Transparency