Weary and Reap

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Galatians 6:9 ***Click here to read some more encouraging words***

Our 9-year old son had his Dad and I on his case since he walked in the door last night. David held the baby and directed the kids in cleaning off the table while I made dinner. Usually, the baby will sit nicely in her bouncy seat, but not last night. So baby’s crying, Dad’s barking, Mom’s cooking as fast as she can. Then, at dinner we have to say no to extra helpings of the main course and encourage more vegis, eat over your plate, don’t take such big bites! After that – no tv because he had to practice his violin and then everybody is on him to get in the shower (and out – your sister needs a turn too, ya know!) then off to bed.

I went up to kiss him goodnight and realized that his bird had run out of food and water, so I uttered some form of correction and sureness that the bird would die a horrible death if he forgot again while I fixed the oversight. I tried to explain that some parents don’t bug their kids all the time with rules and manners, and it’s because we love them that we badger them at every turn.

I was sure that he wasn’t listening as I scuttled about picking up a sock here and replacing a book on the bookshelf there. But when I sat on the edge of his bed, tired from the day and mentally already tucked in my bed sound asleep, he hugged me and said “I love you, Mommy.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Maximum Pressure - Achieved