Two Heads Are Better Than One

Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work:
If one falls down, his friend can help him up.
But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

I have had the absolute blessing to have lunch with two of my friends this week. I had a customer at work talk to me for 15 minutes and tell me all about how her and her husband built their house over on “S” street in 1940something after he got back from the war and they raised 5 children there and he passed away in 1995 and is buried at Wyuka. Another customer called and was so worried about the repairs on her house. Her husband passed away 2 years ago and now she just doesn’t know how to get these things taken care of. I assured her that she need not worry – one of the guys would take care of it.

What a blessing these people have been to me! I try to ask God to make me a blessing to others on a daily basis. I talk too much, so I pray that I can be the talkee and not the talker more when I’m engaged in conversation. Hearing about others lives and being able to help a little is so wonderful. I get caught up in doing BIG things for people and I’m always thinking I need to do more – volunteer at a soup kitchen or the crisis pregnancy center, or do more at church, or, or, or… But I realized last week (after my husband gave me the “are you insane?” look) that while I don’t have any more time to volunteer, I do have other stuff that will further God’s Kingdom. Other stuff like an ear! In fact I have two.
Andrea
Click here to learn how to draw an ear!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Maximum Pressure - Achieved