Anything But a Birthday Party!

It's not fair!

I hear that a lot at my house.  The kids say it quite a bit too.  ;o)

fair (adjective) --  free from bias, dishonesty or injustice.  Legitimately sought, pursued, done, given, etc.

The older I get, the more I am completely certain that fairness only exists in Heaven.  Down here on the Earth, it's 100% true what they say:

Life's not fair!

Some folks get the "thin genes" some of us don't.  Some work hard all their lives and still can't make enough money to cover the month.  Some people seem to have all the illness that would be too much for four people.  Others enjoy good health.  It's NOT fair.

And it's probably a good think that life isn't fair.  If I got paid back in justice, honesty and non-bias for all the things I ever did -- I would be on the streets with people walking by to kick me for fun.  Seriously.  It's a GOOD THING we don't get what we deserve.

Just something I was thinking about.

Another thing that I'm noodling is that today is our Cameron's 5th Birthday AND marks exactly one month til our 70.3 Triathlon debut.  I'll tell you one thing:

I'd rather do a Half Ironman that host a Child's Birthday Party!

I am completely serious.  I've done some major birthday partying in my 15 years of motherhood -- and they can be brutal.  Going out for a 7 hour workout has GOT to be easier.

We shall see.

Not feeling too badly after the Biggest Brick I've Ever Done on Sunday.  I was pretty sore on Monday -- but realized why.  I did everything right, fueled right, paced right, dressed right, but:

My recovery was CRAP.

Not only did I proceed to clean the house and pot the flowers out front rather than sit on my rear all day -- I completely forgot my PROVEN recovery drink.  After every workout and especially hard workouts, I have 8oz of milk, with 1/2 scoop of protein powder, 1 scoop of powdered greens and 10g of BCAA powder (branched chain amino acids).  I learned about BCAA's when I went through my body building phase last year and they really DO make a difference in delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) and over all recovery.

Lesson learned.

We rode bikes yesterday, through the bike paths of the city.  Slowly and only for an hour or so.  Both of us agreed that our legs felt better for doing so.  Workouts will be hard to get in this week due to kid obligations -- we have so much going on that we have to split up and be two places at once.  Anyway...we only need to ride the whole bike course and run the run course and then it's:

Taper time!

People who complain about tapering, need to do some harder training.  I love taper time.  Such a great time to pull back a little and somewhat recover before the big day.

Half Ironman -- BRING IT.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Maximum Pressure - Achieved