The Lincoln Mile

Susan participated in her very first race today!

The Lincoln Mile is a timed, one mile race through Campus in downtown Lincoln.  David ran with Susan and they had a blast!

Susan and Mom before the race.

Fun with the parking meter.
Time to RUN!

My little buddy waited patiently for sis.
A great race and a strong finish!

She races for cookies. :)  Smart kid!
 I was so incredibly proud of her! I almost cried when they came in to finish and the announcer read her name over the speaker.  Silly, right?  Well, she's my baby girlie and I can be silly if I wanna.

The race was super well organized, as always, and the Lincoln Track Club did a stupendous job of honoring every runner of every age and ability.  This was another run in the Kids Grand Prix.  As an additional event with the adult runs, they organize a kids fun run on about 7 events through the season.  The kids even get a prize at the end.  Yay!

As for my training - I was pretty pooped today.  I underestimated the impact of a three hour workout.  I slept like a rock (partly due to the pain pill I took for my back!).  My body was extremely unhappy about 2:20 on the bike.  Sheesh.  I was happy to wake up feeling better this morning and even better as the day progressed.

My friends were praying.  I could feel it!

This afternoon, I did some speed intervals on my treadmill.  It was 94F outside, so there was no way I was doing them outside.  I experimented with walking the recoveries and had a much better experience.  My speed intervals were able to be pushed even faster.  And...my back didn't hurt at all during the run!

Tomorrow is leg day...EEEPS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Maximum Pressure - Achieved