Gearing Up

Just taped up my knee.  

Bought groceries tonight which included special purchase of bagels, chocolate milk, fruit yogurt, graham crackers, orange juice, granola bars, and wheat thins.

Wondering what this years t-shirt will look like, going out for only easy runs and praying I don't trip over my own feet in the next couple of days and hurt myself.

Yep - it's race week!

But this year, it's especially special.  This year, I am running my very first Marathon.  Twenty-six miles, three-hundred-eighty-five yards of running goodness.  I won't be fast.  I will finish.  Fankly, I'm amazed that I made it through training.  

I really like running.  But I didn't especially like training for a Marathon.  I trained for and ran several halfs - but the Marathon is a totally different animal.  I never hurt like I hurt for this training.  When an ice-bath is a REWARD - you know things have gone terribly wrong!

My family has been absolutely fantastic during training.  David has taken on more of the weekend shuttling, cleaning, directing and feeding than any man should.  My children actually think that ice baths are normal and that there really IS a hook in my rocking chair that manifests itself on Saturday afternoon.

I am excited to run my race and get my medal.  I plan to enjoy each and every mile.  I can then put a check in the box on the Bucket List and move on.  I will be very happy to start training for a Century Ride and a late season Olympic Distance Triathlon.

Mostly, I will be happy to have it over with.

Race day is May 5th - follow me HERE.  My bib number is #1025.  Or better yet - come out and shout for me along Normal Blvd between 11 and 12:00.  I want to see some creative signage and somebody better hand me a beverage!

Long may we run!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Maximum Pressure - Achieved