Tell Me What I Am To You

Housekeeper.
Cook.
Creative Financier.
Care provider.
These are labels I use to describe myself.


Ashamed.
Not good with feelings.
Angry.
These are labels I would use to describe myself sometimes.  On "those" days.  When the past just won't stay in the past.

Runner.
Friend.
Wife.
Momma.
Daycare Lady.
Sci-Fi Enthusiast.
Reader.
These are labels others might use on me.

One thing is for sure - these things will all pass away one day.  When I am dead and gone it won't matter what others think of me or even what I ever thought of me.  There's only one label I need to remember.

Beloved.  

No matter what I ever wear on that terrible chain around my neck.  No matter what awful word I use to identify with on any given day.  Independent of my thoughts or anyone else's.  God loves me.  He wrote a book that spans eternity to tell me just that.

That I belong to Him.

It doesn't matter what I've done.  It only matters what I will do with this information. Enjoy the song - and mull it over.  If I can be this big of a screw up and get the benefits of God's grace, what about you?

"When I can't receive your love, afraid I'll never be enough - remind me who I am."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Maximum Pressure - Achieved