So Done with Winter

I've recently sworn back on to a weight lifting routine.  Monday I spent nap time lunging, squatting, and pushing up in the basement.  I guess I thought that after 3 months off, I should just do the same routine with the same weights as when I left off.  Ouch.  What better thing to do then, on Tuesday, but run speed intervals and get some more time on my bike.  Dead legs.  Lots of whining.  Pain.  Ibuprofen.

Riding the bike trainer, running on the treadmill and following the black line at the bottom of the pool is making me psychotic.  Okay - the black line is my friend because fish are NOT.  At the beginning of Indoor Training Season, I always say that I don't mind it, but by now - I'm whining like everyone else.

I am now half way through training for my first Marathon.  Saturday I get to run the longest distance I ever have.  Fourteen miles.  I'm ready and excited, but not sure if I will be able to do this outdoors. :(  BIG SAD FACE.  I did twelve miles on the treadmill and it wasn't unbearable, but not really something I care to repeat.  The weather is supposed to be a high of 35 that day, and if the wind stays reasonable, I'm hoping to run outdoors.  Which trails are cleared of ice and snow...I'm not sure.  I may end up running the same 5 miles of trail over...and over...and over almost a third time.

I hope I survive.  I hope I'm not to slow.  I hope I don't have to stop to often to use the restroom.  I hope I can do it outside.  I hope I don't get hurt.  I hope I really can run a Marathon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Maximum Pressure - Achieved