Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

We will be hosting the big day over here again.  I can't remember if it's the 3rd or 4th year...but maybe it's the 4th because I do remember having to skip out and nurse a baby at least one year maybe two.  Let's see, we have lived here since 2007...but I wouldn't have hosted that year because Susan was born in June...maybe I did in 2008 or maybe not...Cameron was born in 2009, so yeah THAT was the baby I was remembering so this is the 4th year!

Glad I figured that out.

One thing that I do know is that I have a fitness tradition on Thanksgiving.  No, it's not a Turkey Trot or Gobble Waddle or any organized race like that, but it IS important.  I get up early and get the turkey in the roaster and then I excuse myself to the basement to do an hour of Yoga X.  It's nice to start out the day like that and by the time I'm done I can smell the turkey cooking!

This year I will remember that it doesn't take quite as long in the roaster.  Woops.  Last year I made this amazing recipe from Jamie Oliver...I wrapped rosemary sprigs in bacon and poked them in the thighs, I pushed stuffing up under the skin to keep the breasts moist - it took a long time!  I was so excited.  Then I over cooked it in my new (to me) roaster.

FAIL.

This year I'm just going to keep it simple with the bird and keep an eye on that roaster.  I have family bringing some sides and pies and I'm just doing the turkey and stuffing.  I hope we will have a nice time.  I know I'm looking forward to some time with my older children.  It's been an adjustment having them in public school this year. :(  I'm sure by Monday I will be happy to kick them out of the van drop them off at school.

Enjoy this funny little video and remember what's important this Thanksgiving!


Comments

  1. I love this. Really hits it on the head. Thank you for the reminder!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Maximum Pressure - Achieved