Attitude Adjustment

Wow, was I ever grumpy this morning.  If I had a puppy, I mighta kicked it.  Thankfully, I am nearly unemployed at this particular point in time and enjoyed the treadmill for 40 minutes or so at the local YMCA.  Attitude adjustment complete.

Maybe my current "sleeping in" schedule is the culprit.  What do you think?

4:50am - My sweet husband's alarm goes off.  Since I am a "woman of a certain age" with an irritable bladder, I tend to have to rise and "shine" at least 2 maybe 3 or 4 times per night.  Hubby's alarm is usually my que to do it one last time.  Awesome.

5:30am - Aforementioned sweet husband leaves for work.  That man is 6'2" of ripped manly man-ness and is quiet as a church mouse in the mornings.  I never hear him dress of have breakfast.  But...I always hear the door close and lock when he leaves.

5:45am - Our 3 year old son, Cameron, has a bad dream.  He wakes screaming like Freddy Kruger has come to visit and I run in there expecting a wet accident or a child who's fallen out of bed.  Nope.  He dreamed that his sister took his graham cracker and wouldn't give it back.  Neat.

5:47am - Lug ever denser youngest child to Mom and Dad's bed to fill empty Daddy spot and hopefully sleep for another hour.

6:00am - Liam (age 14) has his alarm set on a motivational song that I can hear quite well from the comfort of my bed.  Well, as comfortable as a bed can be with a kid in it.

6:30am - Teen aged son pours cereal noisily into glass bowl and mercilessly screeches wooden dining room chair over wood floor.  Back and forth...a little wiggle to get comfy...reprieve while he eats...back out and in when done.  Madness.

6:45am - My alarm goes off!  Boy I sure am enjoying sleeping in!!

I considered just getting up for the day when Cameron wakes with his night terrors...but then he will be up for the day as well and if you know 3 year olds, you know that they shouldn't get up before dawn.  No, ma'am.  But tomorrow is Saturday, so I'm sure he will sleep in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Maximum Pressure - Achieved