Road Miles and AWANA

Today started out beautifully.  I did manage to get my road ride in and even slowed down long enough to take a couple of pictures.

Here's one of my view from the halfway point:

Great place for a rest.
I even took the time to b.r.e.a.t.h.e and take a look at my surroundings.  This route was very hilly, so putting out a good effort wasn't a problem.  I managed to ride 30 miles and enjoyed every single minute of the peace on the road.  As soon as I turned off the trail and got on the highway I thought "Oh road miles, why have I forsaken thee?"  I haven't ridden road miles since David and I were training for the Century Ride.  I miss riding with David too...sigh...

Step in to my therapist's office.
After refueling a little at home, we checked out a lead on our son's stolen bike.  I felt like a Momma Ninja walking around apartment buildings looking for the bike.  Hubby found it driving in the van and text me - "Found it."  I was all pumped up and excited until this text "Same model.  But not his."   Thanks to another tip, we drove through another nearby neighborhood on the way home from AWANA.  No dice.  I'm so very thankful for the cycling community in our city and for our friends for all the tips.

Tonight was our church's AWANA kick off!  We are so fortunate to have two amazing and hardworking women that run our program.  I'm honored to be a helper with the 3rd - 6th grade group.  These kids are awesome, and I love serving in this way.  Honestly, it comes easily for me - it's FUN!


The kids had a short time in handbook time to pass any sections that they might have gotten done already, and then we had a Decathlon themed activity!  The kids rotated through 10 stations, one of which was a snack and one was super speedy organizing of the books of the Bible.  The others were physical - long jump, discus, javelin.  It was a great way to kick off the school year!

Some of my boys.
I have a lot of boys this year and a good sized group.  This is my sixth year and I have learned that being laid back is the best policy.  You want to get a drink?  Go ahead.  Need another trip to the bathroom?  Sure.  I mean, these kids sit still all day in school - they need to get the picture that church is a place that they can chill and be themselves.  I also give candy out for each section of their book that they pass...I guess that doesn't hurt either. :)

Another day in Paradise!

I'll leave you with just one more photo.  I snapped one of our little Pinkie Pie jumping "hurdles" outside during the Decathlon.  Go Sue!!

Good job, Susan!

Comments

  1. Wow, this finding the bike thing is exhausting. I love Sue jumping the "hurdles. Great pics of te scenery on your bike rides. Gives you a chance to really appreciate God's gifts in nature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We homeschooled out boys till Middle school. There are days I miss it.
    It was a blessing!
    Have a great day!
    Tammy B

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Maximum Pressure - Achieved