WIAW

It's time again for What I Ate Wednesday!

What do you eat on Wednesday?  I'm a creature of habit - so my meals are much the same...today I did have *meat* and it was delicious!  I have a recipe for you also.

I love a good breakfast!  Remember my experiment with Intermittent Fasting?  Yeah...never again.  I wake up hungry - and even if they determined that eating within an hour of waking was NOT good for you - I'm not sure I could stop.  I was craving a breakfast burrito this morning - so that's what I had.

I start my eggs with broccoli, onion, garlic and about 1tsp of butter.

The finished product with a little melted 2% cheese and salsa, yum!
I had my usual apple slices with Peanut Butter for a snack around 10am.  I've been SO hungry lately - I could honestly eat all day long.  It's hard when you work from home - the fridge is right there staring at you all the time!

Lunch was another green smoothie creation.  Today I included soy milk, banana, cabbage, avocado, beet greens, kale, and chia seeds.  The banana was GOOD and ripe, so I didn't need any other fruit to sweeten it up.
Green smoothie deliciousness!
I made Oktoberfest Sloppy Joes for dinner.  This is a recipe that I've used for years to rave reviews from the fam.  There's plenty of good veg to fill everyone up.  Thanks to LeAnne at SavingDinner for the recipe!

Add the onion and celery to the ground beef and fry it up!

After draining the meat, add the cabbage, green pepper and sauces.

Serve this on whole wheat bread or buns...I like a slice of cheese on it - and most everything.

 Oktoberfest Sloppy Joes (original recipe by Leanne Ely)

3/4 pound lean ground beef
1/3c chopped onion
1/3c thinly sliced celery
1 1/2c shredded cabbage
1/2c chopped bell pepper
1/8c water
1/8tsp salt
3/4 T prepared mustard

Brown ground beef with onion and celery.  Drain excess fat and add the cabbage, pepper, ketchup, water, salt and mustard.  Cook over medium heat, covered, stirring occasionally until cabbage is tender.

These work in a pinch!

And finally, I will likely end up having one of these.  I'm off to Vacation Bible School and am going to run home in honor of National Running Day!

Will you try the recipe?  I can get the whole fam to eat cabbage this way!  Try it!!

Comments

  1. I think I would love the recipe! I will for sure try to add it to our repertoire! What did I eat today? For breakfast I had my standard 3/4 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt sweetened with sugar-free Vanilla Torani syrup, topped with fresh blueberries and granola. Mid-morning I had a piece of string cheese. For lunch I had the rest of the Shepherd's Pie I made last week plus one of my Bruschetta Bites (http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2008/04/bruschetta-bites-with-surprise.html), and another piece of string cheese (in a few weeks I'm sure I'll be tired of string cheese again, lol!). This afternoon I had about 10 prunes, and for dinner I'll probably have a leftover stuffed pepper from last night. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Last Blast Lincoln Y Tri Race Report