Monday, April 23, 2012

It's Okay I Ran Today

I'm such a weirdo.

I am totally flattered that my husband loves my hair so much that he likened me to Tasha Yar from Next Gen.  I. Am. A. Nerd.  Maybe it was just because I was just out of the shower and rocking the slicked back look.  Whatever.  Liken me to a movie star - you bet!

Lt. Tasha Yar
I am sitting here feeling a little bad tonight.

I was going to go to a concert tomorrow night with a big group of ladies but bailed...  I just can't squeeze one more non-essential thing in to my schedule.  I want to.  Lord knows that I do.  I just continue to over-commit and break dinner plans and social outings.

But, a concert in another city on a Tuesday night puts me in bad shape in several ways.  

I would miss a swim workout (and I need those the most).

I would likely be out way to late - seriously, I turn into a pumpkin at 10pm - which would throw me into a tailspin because...

Wednesday is the day that I have the most babysitting kids that come the earliest and I have AWANA club at church right after work until 8pm.  

You can see why I might have been trying to stretch myself to thin with this concert thing!  And I'm only losing $15.  And the opportunity to connect with other Christian ladies.  Boo.

But, it's okay.  I ran today.

And I ran pretty fast (for me).  I've been considering my "suffering" level with my running.  I think that I need to do a little more of that.  Sounds fun, doesn't it?  Each time I decide I'm going to push the limit, the limit goes a little higher.  Pretty exciting, really!

So, to sum up...I am a huge dork, I have no life, and I love training more than socializing.  Well, at least things are normal around here!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, sounds similar to many runners. We run, skip happy hours, and run more. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just means I need to stop by again sometime with a latte. ;) seriously though, concerts come and go, and you'll get many more chances to connect with people, but it's good that you guard your sanity and well-being, as busyness steals that away all too often… also, you rock at running, and your hair is awesome. :D

    ReplyDelete