What I Learned Last Year


Okay, not really.  No body really cares about my year...or not every little detail anyhow.  What really matters as we look back at the previous year are questions like: Did I learn anything?  Did what I went through matter at all.  Did I simply put in my time existing, or did my time on this planet matter?

I didn't save the world or accomplish any amazing feats in 2011, but I did learn a few things.

I learned that I don't want to be injured by running anymore.  Sure, having 1-2 "training halting" injuries each season is lots of fun, but I'm all done with that.  I decided to read some books (yes, I read "Born to Run") and do a little research in to the mechanics of running and the reasons for running injury.  What I found out was that human beings really were created for running, and we don't have to get hurt while doing it.  In May, I started the slow process of re-training my stride and working down from support shoes to minimal shoes and even a little barefoot running.

I learned that my work load limit is 6 full time children with a sprinkling of a 7th.  When that 7th Little Blessing is around Monday through Friday 7:30am to 5:00pm, Miss Andrea is in work overload.  I love being a SAHM, a Daycare Provider, and a Home School teacher!  I learned that I am at optimal performance with less than 8 kids to care for.

I learned that my husband is much nicer than I am, and that I need to learn to be nicer.  David gives everyone the benefit of the doubt.  He is quick to forgive and never judges people.  I spend a lot of my adult life judging and holding grudges.  Knowing my husband and learning from him has been an honor.  I need more of that!

Of course, this is not all that I've learned in 2011 - but these are the "must take to 2012" ones.  These weren't even on my Discovery List for 2011, so bonus!

What did you learn in 2011?  What's on your Discovery List for 2012?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Transparency