Sweet Saturday


I find myself waking up several times in the night, anymore. Is it age (NO) or a small bladder, not sure on that one, but I rarely sleep straight through. Which is a reason to cry and cry because our 2 year old finally sleeps through the night - 75% of the time. Yes, he's 2...actually 27 months old...the youngest of four...the last...and consequently the most spoiled. *ahem*

Where was I going with this...??...oh yes, SATURDAY!

Each time I get up, I have to remind myself what the next day will be. Is it...a weekday? Is it...Sunday (alarm set for 5:30 for long run). Or is it....SATURDAY!? I only woke up twice last night because I stayed up SOOOO late (11:30!), and each time I reminded myself, I smiled. Even though I may not get to sleep very late, sleeping until 7:00 or so is a treasure. And not having to get showered and dressed and ready to receive my extra Sweetie Pies for the day makes me feel all lazy and luxurious!

So, I love Saturday - who doesn't?

Our oldest daughter doesn't have much love for Saturday, today. She's a bit of a diva and the yard work thing is not her forte. Ha, ha... She loves to sleep in more than her
mother! Anyway, we make her mad on a daily basis anyhow. At least we can check off today.

Tonight, hubby and I are going to embark on a new journey. We are going on a bike ride together...just us...alone. I am desperate for some alone time with my BFF. Between work and extracurricular activities for the kids, we have been like two ships passing in the night.

We have a 13 year old, now - time to use him. So (and this will likely make our 9 year old mad) we are going to put our 2 and 4 year olds to bed, and go out for a bike ride. That way, Liam will just have to sit and sorta be there in case. We thought it would be fun to ride to Cold Stone Creamery and have an ice cream together and then ride back. It's just short of 6 miles one way, so with the stop and a little time for chatting, we should be back in 90 minutes at the outside.

I'm REALLY excited. My first priority in my life is to be a good and godly wife. If I don't have that going on, I can't be a good mother. It's becoming increasingly clear that hubs and I will have to make an effort to stoke that fire through the next few years. Football, science fair, volleyball, guitar lessons, art projects, summer camp, AWANA, doctor appointments, road races, training, vacations...we "do" things together, but we don't do things "together" very often.

Here's hoping this experience is a positive one, and can pave the way for similar time to be together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Maximum Pressure - Achieved