My Heroes

I thought I would share a couple of pictures of some of my heroes. Amazing that only a 40 years ago, it was advised that women NOT run due to their delicate nature. Good thing a few stubborn ladies didn't listen to THAT piece of medical advice!

Constantina Dita - Oldest woman to win an Olympic Marathon at age 36. Awesome!

Kara Goucher - Total cutie, Momma and proving to be a running badass, not only in the 1000m but longer distances as well!

Deena Kastor - one of my favorites. Fifth fastest woman to ever run a Marathon, and now a Mom as well!


Comments

  1. Tee Hee! I read an article on the internet that women may be built actually *better* equiped to run long distances than men. --Emily

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Last Blast Lincoln Y Tri Race Report