Studio C Gecko

I don't know why it's so hard to get along with my 12yo son, sometimes. Right now he's on a Leopard Gecko trip and it's driving me nuts. I'm not being callous - it's just that in the last 3 months he has been obsessively doing research on things that he wants to buy. How does he earn money?

Babysitting for us. So who actually funds all of this? Us.

First it was the Chameleon. He found out that he needed nearly $400 dollars for a suitable living space, nutrients and the animal itself. He even bought a custom made cage from Craigslist.com for $100!

Well, he moved on from that when he discovered (or maybe started listening to his Dad & Mom) that the animal might be to fragile to keep in a basement in Nebraska. On to the guitar...

This he saved for (I re-sold the cage on Craigslist.com) and a friend of ours took interest in his learning to play and chipped in a generous amount. To his credit, the kid IS practicing every day and interest seems to remain. It's just that then we had the sword issue...

I fought that one tooth and nail. Dangerous, I said. Unsharpened, said he. David went to bat for him, and after more "babysitting" jobs and a week of checking the tracking number every single day (sometimes twice!) he has the swords and display case.

Okay - not to sound like a jerk, but this has been a lot of work for me. I have to fit his obsessions in with my own, and slide all that in between housework, meals, and diaper changes!

Now he wants a Gecko. He has read every single thing he can get his hands on...Daddy and I have put the breaks on but still he pushes. I almost kicked him out of the car tonight when, on the way home from the Y at 7:45pm he reminded me that PetCo was open til 10pm.

*smack*

Anyhow - my brain is fried and I can't wait until summer when the kid can fill his time with the garden, the park, his bow and arrows, and baseball.

Oh, btw, I took my first exercise class tonight! Liam has to be at the Y for his FitClass and there is a Yoga class at the same time. It was really great and I worked up a good sweat. It was so nice that I didn't want to leave.

And get in the car with my son.

And the Leopard Gecko *talk*...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Maximum Pressure - Achieved