Seriously

There are many, wonderful, kinds of people in the world. Women are more complex than men and there are more types of us than there are stars in the sky, I'm sure! Its not really fair to categorize people, but we all know a fancy girl, a tough girl, a coupon lady, and an earth day mom. Soccer mom, diva and the "wow, what is she wearing" woman. Whether we admit to judging, we most certainly categorize.

I happen to be kind of a no nonsense person. I favor jeans and t-shirts with comfy shoes. I have used the same hair spray since 1996...and the same eyeshadow color. I tend to say what's on my mind, though I have learned a lot about holding my tongue. I enjoy work, and like having things to do. I enjoy working with my hands and don't mind feeling tired and ready for bed at the end of a good days work.

Whining? Doesn't usually fit in to the plan. But here goes...

Oh why, oh why, WHY the heck is all this stuff happening to ME!? It seems like nothing is coming easy lately. Just tonight, I sat in the drive through at the bank for 30 minutes!! A car in front of us, one behind, no where to go - not sure what the hold up was - but our kids were getting fussy and my head almost exploded.

Insert gratitude for having babysitting checks to deposit in the bank.

My kid won't sleep. I'm so stressed at bedtime I get a head ache. Naps are even becoming hit and miss and today he cried for TWO HOURS. Nap time was over and the other children were getting up, so he won!

Insert gratitude for having children.

I can't wait to go do my speed work in the morning. I am so stressed out, I started having chest pain and dizziness in the grocery store. Granted, we were at Wal-Mart, so that's enough to make me throw up anyhow. I can never find everything on my list, the produce department is SAD and I noticed tonight that there are less frozen vegetables available than I've ever seen at a store. Most places have 5 or 6 doors with everything from Birds Eye to the store brand. Wal-Mart has 3 doors of mostly their brand.

Insert my brain screaming about a conspiracy to control the public through controlling food options.

I had better quit while I can. It's 9:20pm, and our youngest son will be up anywhere from 5am on. I have speed drills in the morning, then am driving our older kids to meet up with my Mom so they can stay with her til Monday. I'm going to make cookies with the younger kids to smooth the rough edges. Our 3.5 year old is now old enough to know that it's not fair that the biggers get to go with grandma.

I always say "Tomorrow will be a better day!"

Insert prayer here.

Comments

  1. I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time. I really hope things start looking up for you soon. I wish there was something I could do or a viable suggestion I could give.... The only thing I can think of is maybe you could start doing your grocery shopping on one of Dave's days off? I know it makes your Friday stressful to take the kids grocery shopping, so maybe that would help? I dont know.

    Other than that, my only comment is that Walmart only carries what is popular, I have found. Unfortunately somewhere like HyVee has more selection, but you pay for that selection. Buy what you can of the name brand (if you dont want to buy the Walmart brand), and that's about all you can do. I REALLY wish you had an ALDI!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are WHO you are. Please remember what a bright, beautiful, wonderful wife, mom, sister, daughter, daughter-in-law, friend you are. I wish I had a magic wand to help our little guy sleep when he should. I know it's hard on him and tears your heart out when he's crying.

    I wish our little Su could come home with me, too. We both know she wouldn't stay overnight, but she can't comprehend that just now.

    Please enjoy the next couple of days with a little less on your plate.

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Maximum Pressure - Achieved