Time for a Break?

I have a bad attitude. I'm so tired of recording my caloric intake I could scream. I could tell you what I had to eat on any given day for the entirety of 2010. I have strayed, yes, there may be a total of 2 weeks in there where I didn't write it down. But on a whole, I have stayed true to the rigors of careful measuring and recording.

I've lost 56 pounds.

Now what do I do? I have 32 to go. I don't want to stop! But let me tell you, every time I access the Calorie Counter app on my phone, I do so with a sneer. I don't explore the Fat Secret website anymore, or participate in the challenges because I just don't care. I am sick to death of counting calories.

I almost have myself fooled into thinking that I could take a break. Yep - me, the food lover - me, the aspiring culinary master - me, the person that can make eggs 8 different ways - I think that I can stop counting calories and continue to loose weight. Am I delusional? Maybe.

But I think it's worth an experimental break, at least, just to keep my fragile sanity. A possible compromise may be to stop counting for a week. I shall continue to measure everything, and mentally calculate my intake, but I won't enter the information into the database.

Sure. One would think with nearly a year of "practice" that I should know how to eat properly and exercise to an adequate level in order to achieve weight loss. Right? Right!? Anyway, I think I'm going to try it and I'll let you know how it goes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Maximum Pressure - Achieved