Old Mom

Okay - I know I'm not old. Turning 35 this year simply constitutes that the best years are ahead! I am proud of my 30's and having a blast! I am more healthy now than I have ever been, physically and emotionally. I have more money, more insurance, and more love than I ever did in my 20's.

One of the nurses at our doctor's office has twice called me "an old mom" since the birth of our 4th child. She, of course, qualifies it with "not old, but experienced" but it still stings a little. Besides, how do you gain experience if not over time? Having children 10 years apart certainly give you an all inclusive course in different stages of child development!

I was really feeling the burn (har, har) at the swimming pool this weekend. Standing in the shallow end keeping track of our 15mo old I noticed that I had about 10 years on the other moms there. I was really feeling old, when I thought one of their husbands looked like somebody that runs around with my College-aged brother.

It's okay. I'm not complaining - just observing the world around me. I truly enjoy our children, and live for the wonder in the eyes of a small child. The thought has even crossed my mind to be a foster parent or possibly adopt a child down the road. I don't mind being the Old Mom in the baby pool.

It just seemed like it came up on me so fast!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Transparency