Tuesday, right?

I loose track of the days. DH's schedule changes frequently, so his days off are sometimes different. It was Tuesday for a long time, now it is Wednesday. No matter to me really, it's just that I don't really know what day it is. I have all the same daycare kids on Tuesday as I do on Wednesday so I get lost in the days going by.

I had a very difficult run today. Looking at how the rest of the day played out, I think I was dehydrated. I headed out about 6 to do three miles "real quick" and figured I didn't really need any water for that short of distance. It was 70 degrees and a little humid. Normally my heart rate freaks a little that first half mile or so and then I find a Happy Pace and it settles in the 145 - 150 zone (75 - 80% of max). Today I had a heck of a time getting it under 160 (88% of max). Did I walk? Of course not. I ran as slow as I possibly could to prevent myself from passing out and completed the run with an average HR of 157.

Not cool.

I was totally wiped out all morning long. I drank and drank and drank water and by the lack of *elimination*, deduced that inadequate hydration was to blame for the suck-ish pace time and overall feeling of the life force leaving my body. Eesh.

The kids were good today. Money's a little tight, so the snack options aren't as broad this week. The Little don't complain, but The Biggers get to wearing on me with the spoiled attitude. Ritz crackers, string cheese, yogurt, apples and bananas...good grief - if that's not enough variety I don't know what is! They are used to having granola, nuts, and popcorn - but those things just didn't make the "priority list" this week.

It's all okeydokey. Kids need to learn that situations change, and doing without your Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds for afternoon snack ain't gonna kill ya. Some adults I know could take a lesson (me!).

Comments

  1. Keep drinking.
    Snacks-- have the Bigs make granola. (dry the apples in the oven first in place of other dried fruit like raisins)
    Go Here for the recipe (you'll like her site... lots of frugalness there, I just found it.)
    http://groceryshrink.com/2009/05/homemade-granola.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray, thanks Kay! Keep those links a comin' - I'm into new ways to be a good steward!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Maximum Pressure - Achieved