Run Faster Tuesday

What a relaxing weekend. We didn't do a darn thing for Memorial Day. The six of us stayed home and enjoyed some time together. Later, we went for a walk, but that was about it.

This morning I ran one of my faster 5K's. I have a goal in mind for the end of the summer that involves reducing my pace time by 1 minute per mile. Judging from this morning, I'm well on my way. I figure if I continue to loose 5lbs per month, I will be hauling around 15lbs less by then as well. That's 60lbs of pressure lessened off of my knees and hips!! I'm sure to get a little faster, then.

Tuesday is my "run faster" day. I try to push myself and cut some time off of my short run. Today I did better at spreading the effort out over the whole 3 miles. It seems like before, I would look at my watch in the last half of the run and try to kill it to get in under time. That - was - difficult - on the old bod.

I'm learning.

I also started a challenge on the site I use to track my calories. www.fatsecret.com I recently participated in DH's "20 Miles in May" challenge. I went over the 20 miles, so I decided to start a 30 Miles in June challenge. Over 70 people have signed up for it already! May was a great month for running - and now I'm doing about 12-15 miles a week. It's fun to have others participating and all of us cheering each other on.

Here's the link if anyone wants to join. It's a run/walk challenge if you are not a runner. You might sign up to track your calories to! We could be "friends" on there...my name is mortonpixie.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Maximum Pressure - Achieved