Here I Am, Now What?

When setting out to lose 88lbs, there were some things I did not do. For one thing, I diminished the amount I needed to loose. I never told anybody the real number when I started, but only began to share my journey when I was about 20lbs down.

There was one thing I did do. I set smaller goals to make it not seem like such a big job. My first goal was getting under 200lbs. The next goal was making it halfway. Next up was 50lbs down. My next goal in sight is 15lbs away and is "Wedding Weight." Sometimes things get stale and I cut out any treats until I break the next decade of numbers.

Little rewards have come with my Mini-Goals. A hair cut, some new workout clothes, a DVD. But here I am at well over the 50lbs lost marker, and I'm actually afraid of the reward I set for myself.

A few sessions with a personal trainer.

Why? Well, the main thing is the time it will take away from my family. Fitness endeavors take time. I get up at 5:30 to workout, so I don't have to do it in the evenings. The longer my runs are on the weekends, the more of a time commitment they are. I spend more time shopping for and preparing meals because my body (and yours to!!) requires good fuel in as close to it's natural state as possible.

Some conveniences I do indulge in (frozen cut fruit and veggies, store bought bread and pastas) but for the most part I cook from scratch and clean up from 3 meals a day. And I'm certainly not saying I get it right all the time. There are times when something delivered to the door is just what the Doctor ordered!

I've been mulling this 50lb reward thing around in my head for quite some time. I ignore it for the most part and tell myself that it's just to expensive. I finally got my new pair of Asics and have chalked those up to my reward. I know that I could really benefit from the trainer sessions - I'm just afraid of being quite THAT selfish.

Yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Maximum Pressure - Achieved