Happy New Year

Welcome to 2009! Someone mentioned recently that they couldn't believe that "Y2K" was 9 years ago...I agree, time passes quickly.

I have a birthday that falls nearly at the end of the year, so I am blessed enough to have two causes to pause and reflect at this time of year. I'm not into making New Years Resolutions, but I do rather enjoy looking back at the year before and reflecting.

In some respects, January of last year seems like ages ago. Our youngest daughter was 6 months old and attending daycare. The older children started a new school, closer to our new residence, and my Husband was just settling in at a fairly new job. I had returned, reluctantly, to my long time secretarial post after an extended maternity leave. I was hurt and angry that God wasn't making a way for me to stay home with our children, and copped attitude with him for a bit.

In February we embarked on a Family Experiment that tested the mettle of all of us. My Husband and I became single parents. I worked 7am to 3pm and he worked 3:30 to midnight. He spent all summer with the kids at home during the day, and I spent every night going to bed alone. We did this to remove our children from costly daycare and to attack a certain credit card and school loan. It worked, financially, but those months were fuzzy. I just remember living for Saturdays when we could be together!

Long about October, I could take no more. I was a single parent for to long, and got married because I really actually like being around my Husband! I like to talk with him, cook for him, and just sit with him. So, after much prayer and consideration we decided that I would make a drastic career change. Goodbye secretary, hello childcare provider!

Oh yeah, then we also found out that baby number four is on the way...

So I guess that 2008 will always be a fond memory for me. I learned alot about myself. I trained for and ran the Lincoln Half Marathon, I survived on Solo Island and took a huge leap and quit my job of nearly 6 years to stay at home and rock babies and kiss boo-boos.

As I was thinking about this, I realized something truly great. I am the happiest I have ever been in my entire life. I'm not talking about that giddy, laugh your head off type of happiness - but true joyfulness. I am filled with joy. I have days, as do all of us, where I am less than amused. But on a whole, when I look at my life, myself, my family and my relationships I have a peace that surpasses understanding.

Now, I could go on and pick this all apart. There are a thousand blog topics that could come from this and lots more words that I could put here, but for once, I think I'll just leave it at that. Yep, here's me age 33, being the happiest I have ever been - I'll take it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Maximum Pressure - Achieved