Tired of the Dreams

I used to drink alot. By the grace of God, I quit and haven't had a drop since summer of 2005. Though something happened to my sleep patterns soon thereafter that has yet to resolve.

I dream. Yes, everyone dreams but I remember them. I don't remember remembering my nightly dreaming like that when I was soaking myself to sleep. When I had the Saga of the Hand going and was taking narcotic pain relievers, I didn't remember my dreams like this either.

It's getting disturbing. I am running around like a commando, jumping out of airplanes, saving the world, driving a truck over the road, doing 25 loads of laundry in individual washers in my basement, correcting my children, driving a house, doing drugs, going to lunch, seeing a movie, watching tv and smooching my husband. It ranges from the bizarre to the mundane and just goes on ALL NIGHT.

I'm getting to the point (okay I was there a year ago) where I don't want to go to sleep. The lines between reality and dreaming are getting pretty fuzzy. I mention things to my husband that he says I didn't previously discuss with him and I wonder - did I dream that?

It's mildly entertaining, but it seems that no body really wants to hear about it anymore. I don't really care what they "mean", nor do I think that it's a sign that I'm stressed or that something is wrong. It seems that you normally remember dreams in the first few stages of sleep, but don't in the deep sleep stage. That would explain why I wake up feeling like I didn't really sleep after a particularly lively night.

I have drank Valerian Root tea, I have a regular time to bed and a regular time to rise. I relax with a little light reading before bed. I don't watch tv in the evenings. I don't drink caffeine after my morning coffee. I exercise for an hour 5 days a week.

All the things that I have found that are suggested by the medical community are things I already do. I don't have any trouble falling asleep, I just think I can't get way down deep into the deeper sleep. I read that Tylenol PM is okay during pregnancy and am fixing to try that.

Heck, I'm willing to take a rough crack to the skull if I can just escape the dreaming for a night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Maximum Pressure - Achieved