More

Ephesians 3:20 says that God is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us.

In a society that is always wanting more, I find this verse tremendously encouraging. Of course if we ask or imagine to be a little rich, God isn't necessarilly going to make us richer than we ask or imagine. Our lives, of course, are subject to His will.

But God doesn't want what's good for us. Yep, that's right. He wants what's very BEST for us. Let me give you an example.

I prayed for God to give me a good Christian man as a husband. I didn't ask for him to be rich or handsome or have a nice car. I didn't specify any physical characteristics or get real detailed - I just asked for a good godly man.

Boy oh boy did God give me immeasuralby more than I could have asked for or imagined! Dave is not only a good godly man, but he puts up with me! No, really, I have never known a more understanding, gentle person. He is eager to please and considerate of others. He has loved my children from day one and has always treated them like they were his own (and now they are!)

I learn how to be a better person from him all the time. I'm kind of "to the wall" and tend to run full throttle without a thought most of the time. Dave slows me down and helps me make sure I'm thinking before I'm jumping.

Every day I see new things within him that are kind and sweet. He takes awesome care of me and the kids and is my best friend and is strong and handsome to boot!

Wow! Talk about more!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Maximum Pressure - Achieved