Girl Talk

Just sorta rolls off your tongue, huh? Girl talk... no one ever says Boy Talk, okay maybe some people do - but not the people I know. Ha!

I have a 6 1/2 year old daughter that honestly never shuts up. Several times a day I have to say "Alahnnah, please stop" And I'm not being ugly, it's just when she gets on a roll. She will be playing with dolls or shoot - today she was pretending - and just yammer on and on and on...

It's a constant dialogue that sounds like a movie - a movie where the actors talk constantly. And if there is no talking, there's singing, and the songs go on for 5 minutes or more. Seriously, I taped her one time.

My son could go all day without saying any more than "What's to eat, Mom?" He is 10 and gets a little chatty about science or rocks or the book he's reading, but by and large he could easily go without talking.

I have found that it is indeed gender specific. Our 15 month old daughter just chatters and chatters. You can't understand a word she says, but she's talking. In the van on Sunday, my husband was asking me if the two girls were talking to each other or just talking. All the way to church they were both in thier own little worlds just yammering away.

So I guess if this new one on the way is a girl, we will probably need to get some earplugs on the way home from the hospital! Awww...I love my chatty little girls. I know that in 10 years I'll be saying that they fight all the time, so I will enjoy it while it lasts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Maximum Pressure - Achieved