Forget About Your Plans

I spend alot of time planning. I plan meals a whole week in advance, I plan our finances for years in advance (still chipping away at that debt), a plan birthday parties, get togethers, and Sunday School lessons. I try to plan my day so I can get in a little exercise, some Bible study and maybe even some recreational reading or blogging.

And most of the time I ask God what he thinks about my plans. I care about what He thinks, really I do. In the morning while I am brushing my teeth and deciding what I am going to do with my day I tell God all about it. I have it all laid out and just slide the paperwork accross his desk for notary.

Huh?

All this time I have been a Christian (3 whole years!) I have known the benefit of seeking God's will for my life. I know that to understand what He's trying to tell me I need to stay rooted in His word, surround myself with Biblical teaching and friends that can help point me in the right direction and PRAY. But recently I learned a new spin on this. Seeking God's will for my life minus the "for my life" part.

I concentrate so hard on what He wants me to do, where, when, how, with whom, how long, what for - on and on and on, ME ME ME. I forget to trust God and just know that he's got the details covered. I tend to think that if I know the Ten Commandments and are making an attempt to follow those in my daily life I am doing God's will - so what's next? I move on to quickly and don't focus.

Bottom line I'm so darn concerned about the "my life" part of that sentence that I forget that the most important part is God's will. I need to stop making plans and running them past Him and start listening and then making plans.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Maximum Pressure - Achieved