A Little Reflection

Ten years ago, I couldn't get a decent job, lived from place to place, and had no transportation that was reliable. Five yeas ago I wouldn't have dreamed of stepping foot in a church - unless they were giving me money. Although I wasn't wholly a bad person, I was a severly addicted and abused person, and was not trustworthy or reliable.

Things started to change when the Lord sent me on a job interview. I lied to get the interview and lied in the interview. My resume was all lies and my references were all family - which - I lied about. When I walked out of there, I figured there was no way I was getting hired there - and even if I did, I probably couldn't do the job anyway. I lied about all of my skills.

I just needed a leg up. I knew I could succeed if someone just gave me a chance. I had broken away from my abuser, tried to clean up my act a bit and just needed a break. I lied on my resume becasue I felt if someone would just hire me, I would learn as I went along... Please, please, please - I was so tired of donating plasma to buy diapers.

I got half way home and my phone rang. I almost drove off the road trying to get to it and ended up pulling over to return the call to the staffing agency. Hired. Could I start Monday?

The God made me put my money where my mouth was. The girl that was training me got deployed to Iraq and I was on my own! Ha, ha, ha! Thank you Lord Jesus for saving me.

Been working there over 5 years now. Talk about divine intervention! The company is owned by a bunch of Christians, too. While some days I complain about my job, I know in my heart that it's a gift. It's where it all started for me. Can't wait to see where it goes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Maximum Pressure - Achieved