Feeling Friday

For once, on a Friday, I don’t feel like I am going to die. I am very excited about going home tonight and having a nice night with my family without watching the clock wishing it were late enough for me to acceptably consider turning in.

I’ve tried to embrace new concepts lately. For once in my life I’m trying to listen to somebody else and figure that other people, while possibly of an inferior intellect (!) do know something.

So I decided that I don’t have to be the best at everything at every time. I have started to try to do one thing at a time and try to look at things on a smaller scale. Most of all, I have tried not to feel guilty when I can’t do it all. Last night I made two cakes (yes two, one for work and one for the hungry kids at home) and supper. I didn’t get much else done and when I went to bed there was crap all over the floor from Susan tearing the living room to shreds.

I’ve been trying to remind myself that a lot of other people have a period of inactivity in their days where they sit and watch TV or read or talk on the phone or surf the internet. I keep trying to pack all of my waking hours with missions that I never slow down until I go to bed and then I can’t sleep cuz I’m to wound up!

Well, anyhow. I feel pretty good today. I did start taking a vitamin and mineral supplement a couple of weeks ago – dunno if that has something to do with it. I tend to think that I have a pretty balanced diet and exercise regimen. But through some email accountability groups, I have learned that I “used to” but really don’t anymore. I’m still exercising and trying to eat right, but only hitting the mark about half the time. So I thought I’d try these vitamins – they have a money back guarantee so why not?

Here’s to the weekend and the first day of summer!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Maximum Pressure - Achieved