Every Day is Mother's Day

Bright and early at 6:30 this morning, I heard my pretty little baby singing to her teddy bear and kicking the bars of her crib. She was awake and ready to get up. When you're eleven months old, it doesn't matter what else only that you're awake and it's light outside. It's Sunday and I wish I'd had more sleep. But since it is Sunday and I should make something yummy like pancakes since my sister is here from KC I guess I better get up.

Just like every other Sunday on record, I was the last one ready today. Seems like there's always somebody else in there or a baby that needs to be fed, or something going on. I didn't get in the shower till 30 minutes before we had to leave for church. Needless to say - we were late again.

My Mom was already there at the church. She had driven 100 miles to join us for worship today to see our youngest dedicated. We slid in there just in time. The dedication was nice and our Pastor delivered a really great message about Moms and sacrifice and perserverance. I even got to hear most of it after David took the baby out because she was howling and we didn't take the neighbor girl today so I didn't have to break the girls up once.

After church, my sister and Mom joined us for lunch. I grilled chicken breasts and got out a pasta salad I made last night. I had calculated the points for each component on the plate for my Mom and Sis and I since were all trying to cut a few pounds.

After that I tried to clean up the place a bit and made David's lunch since he had to work tonight. My brother and sister in law stopped by later and staye thier obligatory 30 minutes to say that they did. I had wanted to have a Mother's Day dinner today (cooked by me at my house - just show up and smile) but they and Dave's folks had other things to do, so I didn't.

Today was essentially the same as any other Sunday. A little more stressful (house issues with my Bro) and a little more work, but all in all the same. I got a really nice card and snow globe to commemorate this day on this year and my husband told me Happy Mother's Day.

I am not a demanding woman. I don't have a taste for fine clothes or expensive jewelry. David bought me a bottle of my favorite perfume 2 years ago and I still have some left. Jeans are a staple in my wardrobe and I like to play outside. If you were to ask me what I would like for Mother's Day I could only think of one thing:

Peace. One entire morning or afternoon of peace. I don't require being alone, I just don't really want to be talked to. I would be perfectly okay with being locked in my bedroom. I could even take a nap!

Oh well...I'll ask for it next year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Maximum Pressure - Achieved