Children Are a Blessing

This morning I'm tired. Being a wife and a mom is a big honking job and alot of the time you're work goes unnoticed and outwardly unappreciated. Get over it.

Susan got up to eat about 4:30 this morning, so that last hour of sleep was abbreviated at best. I shuffled into the bathroom and turned on the shower. When I looked around a bit to get my eyes adjusted to the light I noticed a square of toilet paper over the opening to an empty kleenex box. I had intended to pitch that box when I saw that it was empty but forgot last night.

Mom Note: Whey the heck do you guys always use the last of things and refuse to throw the empty container away? How many times do I have to tell you...

I grab the square of toilet paper off of there and wad it up to throw it away, and as I look down to grab that empty box I see a small blue stuffed bunny smiling up at me. He was lovingly wrapped in several more squares of toilet paper and put "night night" in that empty tissue box. ***Sigh***

So, I carefully pulled one square of toilet paper off of the roll, laid it back over the sleeping bunny and left it just like I found it. I'm sure that the bunny's "mommy" would be very worried and upset if someone disturbed her slumber.

And here's what I heard:

"Good morning Mommy. We feel safe and sound because we know you are here to take care of us. You work hard for us and make sure we are clean and that we match. We have so much energy because you force us to eat whole grains and all our vegetables and we even love you anyway."

And somehow I have all the energy that I need to do whatever is required of me today. Thank you Lord for that precious little 6 year old girl and her stuffed bunny.

Comments

  1. Hi!!!

    It's nice to have visited your blog.

    Happy mother's day, ma'am!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Maximum Pressure - Achieved