Pride and Joy

The end of a matter is better than its beginning,
and patience is better than pride.
Ecclesiastes 7:8

I hate waiting. I have attained a much higher level of patience through motherhood, but for the most part I want what I want and I want it right now. If you are unable to comply with that, I provide a service free of charge in which I tell you what to do and how to do it and at what rate I would be expecting it done. Now that also goes double (maybe triple) for myself.

Last Thursday I had a system failure of sorts. My husband came home from work and after directing him to his dinner and pointing out which children were where I kissed him and went to bed. That has been a week ago tomorrow. I think that is long enough to have recovered from this unfortunate and irritating set back. I have missed one day of work and things have slipped enough, darn it. I think that I should feel all better tomorrow and be able to go back to the X-Treme life. I have a lot to accomplish and everyone is counting on me and if I don’t do then who will and no one could really do things the way that I like to have them done, and…

God has taken His wonderfully strong and understanding hand and swatted me the way only a loving Father could. I need to decide that there may not be a time limit to this discovery of my prideful ways and concede to the idea that the end of this matter will be better than the beginning. Dear Lord, help me to Praise, Repent, Ask and Yield when I pray!

Prayer Requests
Janet – Please continue to pray for her Mom’s knees that were replaced this summer and her Dad’s foot.
Kelly H – Her 5 yo dd Karly is having surgery to remove her adenoids and put tubes in her ears on Thursday. Pray for Momma as well, she’s freakin’.
Elena - Aunt Cindy just found out she has cancer in her stomach and shoulder, she started chemo today.

Happy Wednesday!
Andrea

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Maximum Pressure - Achieved