Do You Know?

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,
that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
John 3:16

Witnessing is hard. I don’t know why – probably because the world really doesn’t want to hear that we can’t fix ourselves. We don’t want to hear that we need to get down on our knees and humble ourselves. We are all pretty self sufficient and all grown up around here. That seems to be why I don’t share Jesus with people more as well.

I’m so busy trying to formulate what I should say in every feasible situation, that I don’t say anything! There are all sorts of books out there, aka The Lost, The Case for Christ, The Way of the Master and others that can help you to know what to say when trying to share the Gospel. There are little visual aids, cheat sheets and index cards. We have slogans, initials, and abbreviations. Many, many people a lot smarter than me have gone to a lot of trouble to make it “easy” on us. Recently I heard the best of them all.

My 5-year-old looked at my sister bright and early in the morning and simply said “Do you know John 3:16?” Of course, Aunt Amy let Alahnnah witness to her by telling her what that verse said and that she should “know that and also go to Church, too”. Yep, that’s it – God loves you all very much, and you should know that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Maximum Pressure - Achieved