Poor Me

You say, 'I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.' But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. Revelation 3:17

I used to have a small apartment with my two children, an economy car, and not much credit anywhere. Now I have a husband, three children, a pretty nice mini-van and a great big house! Since “fame hasn’t changed me”, I still feel like the same gal. But I can’t help but wonder what would happen with a huge lifestyle change like winning the lottery or something. One time I won $275 on a pickle card when I was 19 or so and I thought it was $2.75 until I cashed it in!

I’d probably start relying on myself again, thinking that since I could buy whatever I wanted that I could take it easy and not worry about talking to God much any more. I used to think that I would like to at least TRY being rich for a little while. But now I’m pretty sure that I have just enough as it is. I have to trust that He is molding me and making me into the shape that He sees inside me. Part of that is giving me plenty to live on, but still some choices to make. When things are tight, do I sacrifice my tithe? Or am I faithful and trust that if I am obedient and do what I’m told (Leviticus 27:30) that He really means what he says about never leaving me or forsaking me?

It’s hard, I tell ya! No one at church calls if I don’t write that check. The Christian radio station will never come knocking down my door if I don’t send them my monthly gift and nobody would be the wiser. Well, I guess that Somebody would be, and He’s the only body that matters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Transparency