Heart of Gold

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Luke 12:34

What do you treasure? If your house burned down, what would be the one thing that you would want to save (of course your family all made it out okay)? Pictures of your family? Your only piece of expensive jewelry? A family heirloom? Think about it. Me – it would have to be the computer because that has all the pictures of the kids on it.

Now, here’s another question. What do you spend most of your time doing? Now, I know it’s not sleeping, so what is it? Working? Okay, what about after that? Watching TV, surfing the net, cleaning house, paying bills, volunteering? Me – I know I spend more time at work than I do at home after you take out the sleeping. But after that – it’s probably maintaining the house (cooking, cleaning, laundry, paying bills, etc.)

If I think about it, my family is most important to me so that’s why I do all that stuff, right? But I know who should be number One in my life. If my heart was really with my God whom I treasure, then I would spend most of my time in pursuit of Him. I would be having more quite time in prayer, more time with my nose poked in this Bible and that concordance. I wouldn’t be satisfied that my daily Bible reading consists of researching this silly e-mail.

So where is your heart? Right where your treasure is I guess.

Have a wonderful Friday!!
Andrea

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Maximum Pressure - Achieved